I upgraded to the newest version of WordPress today. With the InstantUpgrade widget, it was a piece of cake… especially since I maintain 3 different blogs. One click (after backing up) and I was done.
More importantly, I’ve nailed down the 12 topics I plan to use for the NLP Copywriting course I’m developing. Each lesson will be a brief pdf followed by written exercises. Top copywriters will tell you that copying winning sales letters is a foundational exercise to build up copywriting skill. Writing NLP patterns is the way to get these patterns to flow through whatever you write… naturally.
Here are the topics I plan to address:
- The Presuppositions of NLP plus some basics
- Causal modeling plus some more basics
- The differences between spoken and written NLP
- The Meta Model and Milton Model
- Criteria and Modal Operators
- Pacing and Leading
- Presuppositions I
- Presuppositions II
- Time Patterns, Shifting Persona & Nominalizations
- Embedded Commands, Embedded Questions & Mind Reading
- Reframing and Preempting Objections
- Therapeutic Metaphor
Again, if you purchased the NLP Copywriting 101 (Beta Version), you’ll automatically receive the above course.
At this point, the plan is to set it up as a subscription… $10 per lesson per week. I’m thinking I’ll give away the first lesson. If you like it, subscribe and you’ll automatically receive a lesson a week. Let me know if you think I ought to do it differently.
[Update: the offer is slightly different now. See http://hypnoticwriter.org .]